Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Halloween It's Not







Halloween is way past us, but I'm very behind in updating this site. So, to make me happy, I'm doing it a step at a time.




First, I want to say that this years Halloween was probably the most fun I've had. I don't typically care anything for Halloween. I don't watch scary movies, I don't typically enjoy the tedious walking the kids from house to house and I rarely dress up. I suppose this attitude comes from two things. For one, I was forbidden to trick or treat after fourth grade when my father, mother and myself were diagnosed with Hypoglaucemia. Suddenly sugar was poison and for all intensive purposes, it was for someone with our diagnosis. However, it was difficult as a kid to understand and accept that reason.
Second, I had little support from my first husband to help in the festivities. I was left alone to tackle the festivities for the boys....getting them ready, driving or walking them from home to home and various activities. It wasn't so much fun by myself.

This year, Ted and his attitude made all the difference in the world. He made it fun for me and since he loves Halloween, got me excited about it myself. We thoroughly enjoyed the church's trunk or treat activity and for the first time since I was a kid, I enjoyed the stinkin Holiday. :)

No comments: