Friday, April 24, 2009

Fun in Sunny Florida!















Last week, Ted and I took a week vacation to Florida to visit with my parents who live near the Tampa area.

One of the highlights of our trip was attending a session in the Orlando Temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is a beautiful building both inside and out. We experienced the feelings of peace and happiness that can only be found inside that building.







Ted said he felt short next to my father.




We had the opportunity of going to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. My brother-in-law, Kevin, was our own personal tour guide. He grew up in Southern California near the original Disneyland and over the years picked up interesting tidbits of information. He made the adventure more interesting. Unfortunately, it ended up being a very busy day and we spent a lot of time standing in lines waiting to ride this and that. My favorite ride was "The Haunted Mansion." I also really enjoyed Space Mountain. Ted did too. He has now experienced his first trip to a theme park of any kind. What better way to get christened than to go to Disney!

No comments: