Friday, January 16, 2009

December's End













Christmas Eve, all four of Ted's children came to stay with us. We ate, we chatted, we opened presents and we watched "The Dark Knight." The biggest surprise was our gift from the kids. They had had their picture taken together and a blanket made from that picture. It's awesome! They are an attractive bunch!

Both of my boys were in Birmingham with their father, so the day after Christmas, we headed South for a few days. I took Ted to the Vulcan Statue. Birmingham was known for it's Iron Ore production many years back. Vulcan is the Greek God of Iron. It's a huge statue that sits atop a pedestal that you can go in and overlook the city of Birmingham and it's surrounding area. We lovingly call Vulcan the "Moon over Birmingham." You'll understand when you look at the picture.




























The highlight of the trip for me was seeing my sister, Tamara. I tried to think back to the last time I had seen her and the last time I could actually remember was after our sister's wedding two years previously.

She is working as a manager and event coordinator at The Garden Cafe at the Botanical Gardens. She really loves her job and is good at it.















We also enjoyed a dinner and an evening with my longtime friend, DJ Berney. Ladies, he's single.

No comments: